||The NJ State Triathlon will be sanctioned by USA Triathlon. All USAT rules will be in effect during the event. These rules will be reviewed at the pre-race meeting described below. This is a non-drafting race. Please direct any rules questions and/or protests to the USAT officials on site. Protests of penalties must be filed with the USAT Head Official within 60 minutes after the protesting individual finishes the race. See their web site for additional info at www.usatriathlon.org.
- Registration official will mark your body with race number at check-in Saturday or Sunday morning. A number for your bike will be provided in the race packet and must be used and affixed prior to arrival.
- Runner's number are also in race packet and must be worn in FRONT of the body.
If you drop out of the race, it is IMPERATIVE that you notify a race official and return your timing chip at the information booth.
- Swim waves will go 5 minutes apart.
- Each swimmer must wear official cap as provided in race packet-no exceptions or substitutions.
- Wet suits will be permitted according to USAT regulations.
- The course will be patrolled by water safety personnel in boats and/or kayaks.
- Swimmers may hang on to a bouy, boat or a pontoon to rest without disqualification so long as they are not pushed or propelled in any way.
- Relay swimmers tag off to team cyclists in the designated relay team area in the bike corral.
- Cut off times: Sprint Distance 35 minutes after the start of your wave. Olympic Distance 1 hour and fifteen minutes after the start of your wave. Anyone not finished at this time will be pulled from the water and disqualified.