6 Tips for Wellness in the Workplace
Here are a few of my favorite tips to help you stay on track during the workday and keep wellness in the workplace:
1. Get a Fun H20 Bottle – I have a few different colorful water bottles that hold 64 oz. of H20. I keep track of how many times I refill it during the day to make sure I am getting enough water, especially on hot days.
2. Pack Smart Snacks – Always make sure you have a healthy snack, like fresh fruit or nuts on hand – you never know when hunger will strike and if you have something easily available you are less likely to go off track.
3. Commit to Your Fitness – Find a workout routine that works for you and your schedule. If you know you aren’t a morning person, sign up for classes right after work – if you love to get up and take on the day, commit to working out before your day at the office. Hold yourself accountable and commit to a schedule that works for you and your life.
4. BYOL – Bring Your Own Lunch – Plan your meal for the day ahead of time to ensure you make smart choices and have healthy options available.
5. Take a Break – Make time during your day to move. Take a walk during lunch, get up and stretch after a long conference call, park
6. Do It With A Buddy – Everything’s easier with a partner in crime! Living a healthy lifestyle can be tough – with the support of a friend, you can make smart changes to your lifestyle. Sign up for a race together, take walks during lunch, bring healthy food options to share – Encourage each other and you are more likely to succeed together.
Pre-planning is such an important part of healthy living. If you know what you are eating, when you are working out and are committed to your smart choices you are less likely to veer off-track. Set yourself up for success right from the start and celebrate each victory!
What’s your #1 tip for Wellness in the Workplace?
Leslie currently lives in Philadelphia with her husband and her little dog. She shares her adventures in healthy living in the city on her personal blog, And Her Little Dog Too.