VOLUNTEER CAPTAIN ROLE
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A CAPTAIN
- Must be an adult over 18 years of age.
- Able to attend (1) scheduled captain’s meeting (food & beverages will be provided!) the Thursday before the race.
- Be willing to recruit all volunteers for the assigned task.
- Must learn the task location, and directions to that location, in advance of race weekend.
- Must be willing to follow the rules/tasks per CGI protocol.
EXPECTATIONS OF CAPTAIN ON RACE WEEKEND
To oversee and govern all volunteers at his/her specific location. It is imperative that the volunteer captain;
1. Convey all pertinent info to all the volunteers for their specific task (including times, locations, directions, waiver, etc.)
2. Ensure that all volunteers work their entire shift.
3. Log the check in and check out times of volunteers.
4. Oversee set up &/or clean up (if applicable) of station.
5. Oversee inventory control as applicable to station. (i.e., cups and supplies at water station).
6. Have Fun!!!
PERKS OF BEING A CAPTAIN
Your group will have right of first refusal for said task for the next year’s race.
- Captain's Gear in addition to Volunteer Shirt.